Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Malaysia is a corrupt country

Malaysia is a corrupt country. Well, to be fairer, maybe I should say Malaysia is a more corrupt country if compared to Singapore. I dare to make this statement, because I WAS A MALAYSIAN, and I grew up in that kind of system.

Ask any Malaysian, and they will give you 101 stories of all kinds of corruption cases. And it has become more and more rampant and blatantly bastard. Malaysian now no longer regards corruption as a SHAME, but they classfied corruption into LEGAL CORRUPTION and ILLEGAL CORRUPTION. And my dear friend SJ support this theory.

According to this theory, it is COMMON for corruption to occur, example, company discount, freebies etc, and as long as don't get caught, it is LEGAl. Whereas, for those kena caught one, automatically become ILLEGAL lor... clap clap such a brilliant theory.

The most common (and popular) corruption stories in Malaysia are:

1. POLIS, yeah, Malaysian Polis. U see, normal citizens damn scare of polis. Because once they stop you, they will extort you for some sort of "money". The most common method is they stop your car (even if you do not commit any traffic offence), and they will try to falsely find your fault. Then they will say, "Macam mana, you nak tolong tak?" (meant How, you wan help?). Then they will say "YOU KNOW HOW TO HELP YOURSELF". And in this case, you need to fold your money under your driving licence DISCREETLY, and hand it for them to "check". Of cos the money will disappear after the checking;

2. DRIVING CENTRE, yeah, they make headline recently. Driving centre will have some connection with the JPJ (Transport Ministry) and if you "top-up" your driving fee for say, RM100, you will pass your test. Or else, sure fail one. For me, I failed my 1st test, nothing wrong, just because I refused to pay only. Dun believe me? Read the news lor... I understand now the "top-up fee" has increased;

3. And in business world, it is so rampant. You need some bribery to do business, secure contract etc. I did not experience it but I believe it is true... ask your uncle friends la they will tell you.

I hate corruption. Be it "LEGAL" or "ILLEGAL". All are damn shameful acts to me. Because of this kind of system, people won't strive for their best and they expect some kind of windfall from other means. And I vote for Meritocracy system, mean the success is not due to connection, favour or fear. And I believe only the system without corruption can achieve a prosperous and fairer society.

Well, if you tell me Malaysia is corruption-free now. Damn you, open your eye and read more news. Don't live in your fantasy dream forever.

p/s I wrote to Malaysian PM Abdullah about that, and I will post you his reply soon.

becks 3:56 PM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog i enjoyed reading,please take a look at my blog aboutfree classifieds ad

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home